Everyone’s got a cycle class crush—that one girl or guy who’s the master of jumps and oblique pulls alike, has a perfect butt underneath those bike shorts, and somehow manages to make red-faced and sweaty look sexy.
(Side note: We know…life’s not fair.)
So, in honor of Valentine’s Day, we’re here to play the part of (spandex-clad) Cupid and hook you up with seven fun, spin-related pick-up lines to help you break the ice in class. Rest assured, they’re guaranteed to score you a reaction (one way or another), a new friend…and maybe even a date.
7 Awesome Pick-Up Lines to use in Spin Class
1.” After this, I know a fun way we can burn another 800 calories…” Everyone loves a good PG-13 reference.
2. “I can keep increasing the resistance on my bike, but I just can’t resist you.” They’ll feel irresistible AND be totally impressed by your excellent endurance. Double whammy.
3. “You make my heart beat faster than a four-minute jump song.” And let’s be real, that is insanely fast.
4. “While we were doing those oblique pulls, I couldn’t help noticing how ABS-olutely gorgeous you are.” Kind-of corny, yes, but…pun nonetheless! Plus, flattery will get you everywhere.
5. “Are your legs tired from spinning, or because you’ve been running through my mind all day?” An original…spin…on a classic line. Works 60% of the time, every time.
6. “I thought I was sucking wind in spin, but you really take my breath away.” Believe it: everyone wants to be breathtaking.
7. “I stretched out my hamstrings, but every time I see you, I feel a tug at my heartstrings…” Nothing says ideal mate like romance and anatomical knowledge.
Now it’s your turn! Got a surefire cycle-related pick-up line? Share it with us!
Written by avid #cycaustin rider, Sam Sumpter. Follow her @Its_Sam_babaaay for music recs and Seinfeld-related retweets.